Doreen Sands Memorial Trophy
Rules of Play
WORLD BOWLS RULES WILL APPLY WHERE NOT COVERED BELOW
- The competition will take the form of a handicapped triples competition with each player having their own individual handicap which must be added to the other two team members handicaps to give the combined total handicap for the team. In each match the team with the lowest handicap will concede the difference in handicap e.g. Team A has handicap of 8 and Team B has a handicap of 11. Therefore Team B will receive a 3 shot advantage at the beginning of the match.
- Substitutes are not permitted once the match has started but handicaps will be adjusted for any substitute playing before the match has started.
- Each game shall be played on the days and times scheduled; otherwise defaulting teams will forfeit the game.
- Two trial ends are permitted with a maximum of 3 bowls.
- The winner is the team with the highest number of shots after 18 ends. In the event of the score being level after 18 ends one further end will be played to decide the winner. The toss of a coin will decide who starts the extra end.
- As this is a sponsored competition prize money will be awarded to the winners and runners up at the end of the competition when the trophy and prize money will be presented by Peter Sands
- Skips may visit the 'head' after their first wood.
- Dead ends to be replayed.
- Late arrival. If a player is more than 15 minutes late or advises they cannot play, the game will be awarded to their opponent unless a substitute can be found before the start time of the match. Rule 3 will apply.
- Score cards are to be signed and timed by both skips and handed back to the competition secretary for verification.